Breeze is a web-based church management system that allows staff and leadership to keep all the church information organized, accessible, and secure. Breeze contains our calendar, online directory, online forms, and much more! We are now providing members and regular attenders with limited access to Breeze which will allow you to view your own giving, edit your own contact info to ensure it’s up-to-date, and also view our online directory.
Up until this point, only staff and leadership have had Breeze accounts. Different people have different account permissions to control who has access to what information. We are now making a change to give all members and regular attenders Breeze accounts. If the church office has your contact information on file, you will be receiving an email invitation today to create your own Breeze account. The email will come from Rachel Wilhelm with the subject “Create your First Missionary Church Breeze account”. When you open the email, you will see a blue button that says “Create Your Login”. You will be taken to a new page to create a username and password.
When you create this account, you will gain access to your profile, your giving, and our online directory. Under your profile you can edit your own contact information and much more to ensure it’s up-to-date. You will also have access to your own financial giving statements and year-end reports which you can export and print yourself. Finally, you’ll be able to access the online directory with simple contact information for other members.
We know that security is a growing concern. Breeze itself is secure and account requests must be approved by church leadership. We also know that privacy may be important to you. You can set the privacy for each individual line of your contact information to control what others can see in the online directory. As you edit your information, please make sure to select either “Yes” or “No” for the Opt into Online Directory. If you select yes, all contact information you have that is not set to private will be visible in the online directory. If you select no, none of your contact information will be visible to others except for those in church leadership.
Once logged in, you’ll have access to these areas:
- Can View: Name, Gender, Status, Marital Status, and Age
- Can Edit: Name, Gender, Marital Status, and Age
- Can View: Allergies/Medical Condition
- Can Edit: Allergies/Medical Condition
- Can View: Members of your family and the family picture
- Can Edit: Can add or change the family photo; If you click on a family member you will also be able to change their information just as you would your own; If you need to add or remove a family member, contact the office.
- Can View: Phone, Email, Address, and Opt into Online Directory.
- Can Edit: Phone, Email, and Address – Can click on show more options on any one of these so you can choose to make any of them private which will block those particular ones from being included in either online or printed directories. If you don’t want any of your contact information visible to others, please select “No” for the Opt into Online Directory option. If you select “Yes” for the Opt into Online Directory option, only the contact information that is not set to private will be visible to others.
- Can View: School and Grade
- Can Edit: School and Grade
- You can view your giving history by clicking Giving on the left side.
While viewing your profile, you can update your profile picture by clicking on the image box at the top, click “Upload Image” and select the image you want to upload, crop the image to the appropriate size, and make sure to save the change.
Here is where you can view the names of current FirstMC members and attenders who have elected to be in the online directory. The contact information displayed is based on the congregant’s privacy settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get Breeze access?
Please contact the church office at email@example.com, and ask to have an invitation link sent to you to create an account. An email invitation will be sent with a link to set up your username and password. This will connect you to your profile in our Breeze database.
Is my information secure?
Yes! Access to Breeze is only open to FirstMC members and regular attenders, and each access request must be approved by church leadership. You choose what information in your profile (email, phone number, address, etc.) you want to be visible to other church members. Your giving history and pledge information is visible and accessible only to you and to the church bookkeeper. Our church information is guaranteed to be kept private and protected. For more information about Breeze’s security protocols, visit their website.
How do I change information in my profile?
When you are viewing your profile, you can click the grey header above the information you want to change. Once selected, make the changes. After you are done making changes, click on Save in the grey header. Repeat for each section want to make changes in.
How do I print my contribution statement?
To print your own contribution statement, log into your Breeze account and click on My Profile. You should be viewing your profile details at this point. On the left side side action menu click Giving.
You should now be viewing your giving records. You can now manipulate the dates and family members to pull the results you’re looking for. Click the arrow next to Download as Excel to print your contribution statement. Or simply click Download as Excel to get an excel file of your giving statement.
What’s my “church domain”?
When you log in to Breeze using the smart phone app, you will be asked for your “church domain” before you can enter your username and password. Our church domain is “firstmc”.